Hello everyone. Another change in our webhost has made it necessary to update several key components of the site. While most of the updates went smoothly, there are some lingering issues that I am aware of. You may see some recently changed aesthetics that do not fit the theme of the site, or some features that are not final, or need to be removed since they are not appropriate to the site. Either way, a few of the positive changes are:
- Increased width of the main template. Center column is now much larger for better readability.
- Updated forums. Forums are now much faster and cleaner looking (though there are still some extra buttons I am working on trimming).
- Updated user management. While mostly a backend change, a lot of you may notice improved speed with registration and logins. In addition, I've fixed several user profile fields that were showing up erroneously when editing your profile.
- Updated SEO settings to "mobile compatible" standards. The site will now be more "relevant" to searches about Nerf ArenaBlast on mobile devices.
- Improved the User Profile to include your forum posts and articles written (if any) in separate tabs
- Top downloads and featured download section (featured downloads will be cycled in the near future)
Since there may be other issues I am not aware of, I ask that any bugs or issues you encounter be reported in the website feedback section of the forums. Currently, I am aware of the following minor issues in the forums:
- Some style issues in the new forums look
- Arrow glyphs in the forums rendering as text and glyphs overlayed
- Lots of repeated buttons in the forum
- A few unneeded clutter features in the user menus
- Poor button coloration making them hard to see
I'll be fixing a majority of these issues in the coming weeks. Report any other issues you find, and as always, happy Nerfing!