Introduction & 24/7 server hosting (Offer)

More
5 years 6 months ago #607 by pomtom44
Hello everyone.

I have been a fan of NAB for years and years. got it popular at my highschool 9 or so years ago.
Fallen off playing as I worked by way though university, but now I'm an "Adult" working a 9-5 job
I have time to get back into playing.

I knew about the NAB mods hosted here for a while as well, but just never got around to using them.
So as soon as I get internet at my new house (Less than a week now) i will be sure to start downloading and playing again.

Which leads me to my next question.
I notice the forums are a little quiet, and Im not sure if there are any multiplayer servers currently active
But would there be enough interest if I hosted a 24/7 server myself for anyone to play on.
I have the spare hardware and internet to do so. its just the numbers of players to make it worth while.

If interested please let me know and if there is a group forming, then ill look at getting something setup.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #608 by Rajada
I think it's impossible to tell without trying, but I imagine having a relatively stable server would increase attendance. I think the issue is that many people are too busy / confused to put time into setting up a server, but many would jump on a server if they saw a couple people on it. I know I would, between all the work I do on Nerf300 and the rest of my busy life I really wish I could help more people set up servers.

More
5 years 6 months ago #609 by pomtom44
I work in IT so have no problems with the technical side of server hosting.
Was having a play around with the server and found it isn't as easy to setup a nice 24/7 server as I would have liked (from a admins point of view)
Will need to have a play around and see what I can get working in terms of rolling maps. leader boards. bots etc.

Will be sure to update maybe after the weekend when I get spend a few hours trying different things to see what works and what doesnt.

More
5 years 6 months ago #610 by Rajada
There are some help topics that might help you with that, and you'll probably need to install the CP which makes things way easier. What I'd do is install that, then you can ask me on anything you're unclear on at that point.

By the way, enabling multiplayer bots is just a matter of finding the right setting in the Nerf.ini. For some reason the devs disabled it by default.

Some general help:

www.nerfarena.net/index.php/help/11-nerf...do-i-set-up-a-server

More
5 years 6 months ago #611 by nimmoisa000
While you're at it, would you be kind enough to look at my proposal for a "true" Nerf single player experience.

www.nerfarena.net/index.php/kunena/nab-m...ngle-player-campaign

More
5 years 4 months ago #621 by Veng92
There's one in Australia that seems to be running most of the time, and I run one from the UK 24/7 called NerfNoob Battleground, running on a raspberry pi :-)

Moderators: 8Bit_Architect