Invisi-Meshes.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #327 by Deep Freeze
Invisi-Meshes. was created by Deep Freeze
Downloaded 2 duplicates of Nerf Arenablast (Latest version CP?) onto two different computers, for multiplayer. They should be exactly the same.

Multiplayer works fine for the most part, but there is a problem: whenever I use a mutator, if the mutator adds objects to the game (RPGStats, RajArena2, EggHunt, Party, Paintball, PropsMutator, etc.), the objects are invisible to the client for some reason (they only show up on the computer running the server.) Client can still interact with the objects, even though they are not visible. Only the non-mutator objects are visible, as well as weapons already in levels (such as CW8) are visible to the client.

Why does this happen?

Discovered the UT99 Assault maps...so THAT'S why there's a bunch of weird movers that don't do anything in some NAB levels. o.O
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Deep Freeze.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #328 by Rajada
Replied by Rajada on topic Invisi-Meshes.
You must add serverpackages for mutators that do weapon or actor spawning (for the most part). Otherwise, they are not replicated to clients. You have to do so with your server and NAB exited. Edit your Nerf.ini file, and find one of the lines reading ServerPackages=BLAH. DO NOT remove any of the default ones, but simply add lines for the packages that require them. If I recall, the description of the mutator in the mutator setup list should tell you at the very end if it requires serverpackage setup.

For RajArena (for example) you need:

ServerPackages=RajMutators

If I have been unclear on any part of this, or, if you still can't get it working, let me know.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Rajada.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #329 by Deep Freeze
Replied by Deep Freeze on topic Invisi-Meshes.
So I add all of the server packages? Or will that just make it load all of them at once?

I'll just try all of them, and see what happens...

Also, maybe I should put this in another thread, but NO-CD patch doesn't seem to work (I still need the disc to run NAB), even though I downloaded community pack, and redownloaded the patch once already.

Update: The ServerPackages thing didn't work, objects are still invisible to client.

Discovered the UT99 Assault maps...so THAT'S why there's a bunch of weird movers that don't do anything in some NAB levels. o.O
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Deep Freeze.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #330 by Rajada
You should put any packages that create items in game. Weapons, pickups, even special effects. You can put as many serverpackages as you intend to use, and it shouldn't affect performance unless you put maybe 500 ish.

Make sure you are putting the full package name, not the mutator name. For example, RajArena2 is in the package RajMutators2, so put ServerPackages=RajMutators2 not ServerPackages=RajArena2. You also can't have the game or a server running when you make these changes, or they will not be saved.

As for the no cd patch: Go into your Nerf\System folder and open the Nerf.ini file. Scroll down and search for a string called CdPath=<CD DRIVE LETTER>:\ (Usually the cd-rom drive has the letter "E:\" or maybe "D:\".) Change this string that it looks like this: CdPath=..\

What kind of CP install are you using? If you're not using Full, you might need to manually make sure all the boxes are checked for the features you want, including the no cd patch.

Another possibility is that your Nerf directory and possibly any ini files within are locked by Windows UAC. I would perform the following steps regardless, as it usually fixes this kind of issue.

www.nerfarena.net/index.php/help/9-nerf-...lling-community-pack

or

www.nerfarena.net/index.php/help/9-nerf-...d-re-launch-the-game
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Rajada.

More
7 years 7 months ago #331 by Deep Freeze
Replied by Deep Freeze on topic Invisi-Meshes.
Unlocked Nerf.ini, reinstall CP (FULL install except for high quality textures), made sure all server packages were entered, put duplicate Nerf.ini in client, and mutator objects are still invisible...

Patch: "CdPath" string (or anything like it) doesn't exist.

More
7 years 7 months ago #332 by Rajada
The CDPath variable SHOULD get removed by the CP. If it's gone, that means the no cd patch should have worked.

I don't know what else to say other than you must be doing something wrong with your serverpackages. Perhaps if you show me your serverpackages, and tell me what mutators you are using.

Moderators: 8Bit_Architect