I want to get to know.... Rajada

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #214 by Solid_Snake1998

Rajada wrote: 1. I don't know depends
2,3: Random != funny...

first time I seen rajada use a randomized answer...... *boy those questions must've been brainless*

...© and ® , maybe ™?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #258 by Solid_Snake1998
Alright rajada let's regain some order again with some REAL questions.

1. Do you have any Siblings?

2. What's the most frustrating aspect of modding to you?

3. Whats your favorite subject in college?

4. Do you have future plans of abandoning NAB?

5. Would you buy the rights to NAB with me and we release a NAB 2, under a indie developer name of zdon interactive or other name?

...© and ® , maybe ™?

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #259 by Rajada

Solid_Snake1998 wrote: Alright rajada let's regain some order again with some REAL questions.

You really need to reign in your friend a little, multiple complaints have been received.

Solid_Snake1998 wrote: 2. What's the most frustrating aspect of modding to you?

I guess that would be the inability to fix the more native things. Though this is really more of a frustration about what I can't mod. So if I had to pick something more related to present modding, I guess that I just never have much feedback from users telling me when I screw up. I mean I can't be making 100% good content here, and I know I've made frustrating, difficult, underwhelming mods in the past. I guess it's hard to know what the silent minority that is our fanbase really wants out of NAB.

Solid_Snake1998 wrote: 3. Whats your favorite subject in college?

Nothing right now. I'm smarter than all my professors and could probably teach every class better than them. I hate to sound conceited but I really have had very few college classes at this point that I enjoyed.

Solid_Snake1998 wrote: 4. Do you have future plans of abandoning NAB?

Abandoning is such a loaded term. I do have future plans to downsize though. In other words, I have some stuff I want to get working pretty much perfectly then never have to touch again, and focus only on fun add-on content. I'm tired of having to revise base class stuff over and over again.

Solid_Snake1998 wrote: 5. Would you buy the rights to NAB with me and we release a NAB 2, under a indie developer name of zdon interactive or other name?

I think it is important to make the distinction between NAB 2 and a sequel to NAB. In my mind, NAB 2 means essentially an update to NAB, bringing the old gameplay, characters, guns, etc to a new engine. In a perfect world, I would much rather work on a sequel to NAB. That is to say, I would like to do away with a lot of the limitations NAB has, keep the charm and feel, but update it for a new generation of gamers.

That's not to say I would want to turn it into one of those not so great rail shooters. I think a Nerf fight sim is quite conspicuously absent from Nerf's game offerings, especially when there's still dozens of terrible paintball/laser tag games being churned out.

Imagine if you will, a future where "Nerfing" became a huge, sponsored, spectator sport backed by modern technology. Mixing in elements of UT2004, I would have you draft a team together based on their strengths (AI) and you would attempt to claim the title of Nerf Champion of the World in huge, wild, sponsored arenas.

Secondary features would include the ability to tune your blasters, bringing them in with you and rather only finding ammo and powerups (and maybe an occasional Whomper style special gun that can't be tuned) in the arenas. I would tie it into marketing via one time use codes packaged with special Nerf guns in stores that would unlock (and here's the important part that the N-strike series effed up on) rare, limited quantity, purely aesthetic, specialized skins. Things like clear shells, graffiti style skins, alternate color schemes (think N-strike blue vs N-strike yellow), reflective or sheened skins.

Hire me Hasbro, I'll make you money... :P

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #262 by Solid_Snake1998
haha, ok. :) but you missed the point, I said what if "WE" bought the rights and opened a development studio together?....

...© and ® , maybe ™?

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #263 by Rajada
I don't think you can. Rights to NAB alone would not license Nerf's likeness to you. That is, if someone even still owns the rights to NAB. Even then, the rights to make future Nerf branded games was sold to EA.

Even then, it's not a 'we' sort of deal. To make a good game you need dozens of people. Otherwise you're talking about some insane timeframe where by the time you've finished making it it's five years out of date. I also have at least two or more other friends who would take priority on starting a development studio with me.

Ignoring both those issues, I have no reason to say I wouldn't try it given good circumstances.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #264 by Deep Freeze

Rajada wrote: Random != funny...

I don't think Solid_Snake understood this. Either you've been programming too much, or he hasn't been programming enough...

Discovered the UT99 Assault maps...so THAT'S why there's a bunch of weird movers that don't do anything in some NAB levels. o.O

Moderators: 8Bit_Architect