I want to get to know.... Rajada

More
8 years 3 months ago #158 by Rajada
I don't think you understand, I'm setting out to make it complex in the way it behaves and interacts with other things. Just because I don't have a word for word plan, doesn't mean I have a bad idea of the kind of complexity involved. You should really just trust me on things like that, I've made hundreds of these things before. I know what the underlying complexity is like and how to estimate it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #159 by Solid_Snake1998

Deep Freeze wrote: Then don't assume it will be so complicated if you don't know how it will be made yet.

he didn't assume anything, deep freezer....

...© and ® , maybe ™?

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #160 by Deep Freeze
Solid_Snake, stay out of conversations that you are too simple for.

Rajada wrote: I don't think you understand, I'm setting out to make it complex in the way it behaves and interacts with other things. Just because I don't have a word for word plan, doesn't mean I have a bad idea of the kind of complexity involved. You should really just trust me on things like that, I've made hundreds of these things before. I know what the underlying complexity is like and how to estimate it.

Based on what I think you mean by realistic lava physics, all I'm saying is I don't think it would be as hard as you make it sound.

As I am imagining it, globules of lava that spread out when the projectile hits it's target, being able to flatten out, spread, and combine on the ground, while damaging players and cooling to rock after a limited time. Flattening out requires an animated mesh (or a Z-scaled mesh if possible). An animated mesh for this could be as simple as a sphere gradually getting flatter; with experience with making meshes, an animated mesh such as this would not be too difficult. As for the rest, it might take fairly long to make, but not that hard.

What I was not taking into account is that you probably don't have nearly as much time in the day as I do; I have spent 7 hours straight coding a teleportation device in another game once (and an AI that took 33 hours total), because I have more time to do this than most people, so I guess it's understandable if it would take you a lot longer. (Not 2017 though, that's ridiculous :P)

Discovered the UT99 Assault maps...so THAT'S why there's a bunch of weird movers that don't do anything in some NAB levels. o.O
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Deep Freeze.

More
8 years 3 months ago #161 by Solid_Snake1998
it was my thread to begin with deep freezer, and stop acting like a stuck up, know it all arse. rajada has a life unlike you wasting your life away on a game.

...© and ® , maybe ™?

More
8 years 3 months ago #162 by Solid_Snake1998
and on a side note; it takes a simpleton to know one....

...© and ® , maybe ™?

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #163 by Rajada

Deep Freeze wrote: ...with experience with making meshes, an animated mesh such as this would not be too difficult.

Room for debate on that point. Mesh import/creation in UE1 is incredibly finicky.

Deep Freeze wrote: (Not 2017 though, that's ridiculous :P)

Obviously that was a joke. But although it would not take me a year of work, who knows when I'll get to starting on it.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Rajada.

Moderators: 8Bit_Architect