Nerf 300 beta Feedback Thread

More
6 years 2 months ago #474 by NerfPlayeR135
Some areas of the game seem unnecessarily darker than they did in, say, the vanilla or CP versions. The most jarring dark area in my opinion is the Amateur ReadyRoom; the side of the room with the mutator challenges "vent" is so dark that you can't even tell that the square on the wall is a vent unless someone told you, even with brightness turned up to max. My guess as to why these areas are darker than normal is due to lighting changes in 300x that were never compensated enough for in any of the levels.

Nerf is my name, ArenaBlast is my game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #475 by Rajada
Yes, a lighting pass has yet to be done on the maps. Especially the plaza, it needs a lot of work ever since I combined all the ready rooms. I wouldn't consider any of the maps final by any stretch of the imagination.

More
6 years 2 months ago #476 by NerfPlayeR135
I've always wanted a better indicator for the health of the Electro Shield. The blue/red icon used in all versions of NAB so far, in my opinion, isn't informative enough. On the other side of the spectrum, I don't want a straight-up numerical indicator for shield health remaining; somehow I feel like it wouldn't fit with NAB's art style.

Instead, I'd like a small, probably thin health bar placed under the icon. This would give players a better way of determining how much damage the shield will absorb before breaking. The icon itself wouldn't change at all, still turning red when the shield's health is 25 or less. In fact, the bar could be applied to the rest of the powerups, being used as an indicator for how much time is left before the powerups expire.

More
6 years 2 months ago #477 by Alyx
Replied by Alyx on topic Nerf 300 beta Feedback Thread
Hey sorry about the wait, I found the file but I can't upload it. It says: You need to use allowed file extension (.jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, .doc, .docx, .txt, .rtf, .pdf, .zip, .tar.gz, .tgz, .tar.bz2, .nrf, .u, .utx, .uax, .t3d, .umx, .bmp, .uc, .int, .ini, .pcx, .unr).

If you want me to just copy & paste it instead I can...

More
6 years 2 months ago #478 by NerfPlayeR135

Alyx wrote: Hey sorry about the wait, I found the file but I can't upload it. It says: You need to use allowed file extension (.jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, .doc, .docx, .txt, .rtf, .pdf, .zip, .tar.gz, .tgz, .tar.bz2, .nrf, .u, .utx, .uax, .t3d, .umx, .bmp, .uc, .int, .ini, .pcx, .unr).

If you want me to just copy & paste it instead I can...

You could copy-paste the contents into a .txt file and upload that.

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #479 by Rajada
You can rename it to .txt and upload it, it's just a text file anyway. I've also now added the log filetype, so either way will do.
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Rajada.

Moderators: 8Bit_Architect