Nerf 300 beta Feedback Thread

More
6 years 2 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #450 by Rajada
You may provide any bug reports, or other feedback about the Nerf 300 beta in this thread.

Main focus: Match and career progress halting bugs and vanilla map updates.

Known issues (high priority fixes that I'm working on right now):
  • Using the new game option on a player card other than the one currently selected will result in the current player name / difficulty being copied over the original name / difficulty that should have remained unchanged.
  • Mutator challenge menu no longer opening on first boot due to menu no longer being opened by default on boot.
  • Players still play hit sounds when in god mode.
  • Bots can get stuck on the edges of the Amateur slide.
  • Comboboxes remain open when pressing escape.

Known issues (normal priority fixes that might need further info to diagnose):
  • "Now viewing from " messages in spectating state code and "has no ammo" messages are displayed twice.
  • All projectiles need to be revised for networking purposes, including visuals and sounds that should be checked to make sure they only play out on each client once.
  • Sometimes creating a dedicated server creates two instances of it.

Features to add / improve:
  • One should be able to change teams in online team games more easily.
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Rajada.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #455 by NerfPlayeR135
I've found an issue with the crosshair; it appears to be off-center, at least when the game is running at 1920 x 1080.

I've attached a screenshot with two versions, the original and an edited version where I added white lines to separate the screenshot into four equal quadrants, with the lines intersecting at the center of the screen. It can clearly be seen in the edited version that the crosshair's center does not line up with the center of the screen.

At first I believed the game was placing the top-left corner of the crosshair image file in the center of the screen, but after switching to a box-shaped crosshair, I found that this was not the case. I haven't tested other resolutions yet, so this may only be an issue with higher resolutions.

Original screenshot:
Warning: Spoiler!

Edited screenshot:
Warning: Spoiler!

Nerf is my name, ArenaBlast is my game.
Attachments:

More
6 years 2 months ago #456 by Rajada

NerfPlayeR135 wrote: It can clearly be seen in the edited version that the crosshair's center does not line up with the center of the screen.

Wow, don't know how I missed this for so long. When I remade the crosshairs, I made them at twice the resolution of the old versions, but forgot to double the offset.

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #458 by StrikerTheHedgefox
I feel as if right now, the Nerf Cannon alt-fire explosion could do more damage (if it's doing any damage at all right now, that is). I haven't been able to kill anything with it at all, even when I explode a detball directly next to someone.

Also, I feel the ballzooka goo should have some visual feedback when you're stuck. Text that says "You're stuck in goo!" somewhere on the screen, and perhaps a green screen effect of some kind would help.

EDIT: Gonna list bugs that I find as well.
  • The doors in the Luna Bonus match do not open in the right direction.
  • Somehow, if I run around the Nerf Lobby, between ready rooms, I can eventually break the map, causing the lighting to break and half of the map to disappear, leaving only the Amateur and Sequoia arenas accessible.
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by StrikerTheHedgefox.

More
6 years 2 months ago #460 by Rajada
I have made it so Ballzooka goo now flashes your screen when you step in it. As for the Nerf Cannon, I need to do some testing and figure out if this is a damage, radius, or other issue.

More
6 years 2 months ago #463 by Rajada
The Nerf Cannon issue has been fixed. There was a problem in the order code was being executed that skipped the damage dealing part.

StrikerTheHedgefox wrote:

• Somehow, if I run around the Nerf Lobby, between ready rooms, I can eventually break the map, causing the lighting to break and half of the map to disappear, leaving only the Amateur and Sequoia arenas accessible.

So this is actually not a bug. You hit my hidden debug teleporter that takes you to the secret renovations in progress version of the plaza. There, I am experimenting with the ready rooms to make them a bit nicer looking visually. It shouldn't have made it into the public beta but somehow it did. There's a teleporter to take you back in the same (I think?) area.

Moderators: 8Bit_Architect