Rajada - 02/08/2020 - 01:16

Basically, the progressive march of updates to HTML slowly killed it, made it incompatible to run. We technically still have it archived, but it's not really possible to browse it.

rion888888888888 - 02/08/2020 - 00:55

So what happened to the old site?

rion888888888888 - 02/08/2020 - 00:48

Oh NAB, I don't think I have been active in the NAB community since like 2008

Rajada - 02/07/2020 - 22:51

Indeed it does

RTSplayer - 02/07/2020 - 18:03

Oh hey this website still exists.

Deep Freeze - 10/31/2019 - 19:57

20 years of NAB!

Ben - 09/02/2019 - 19:07

Ok, thanks.

Rajada - 09/02/2019 - 19:07

I recommend the first option, as it patches multiplayer and everything.

Rajada - 09/02/2019 - 19:06

Either install the Community Pack, light or full, or do it manually with the NerfEd OCX library files.

Rajada - 09/02/2019 - 19:06

Go to downloads, and in our Community Packs and Utilities category is what you will need.

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

New forums - post suggestions and feedback here

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #5 by Rajada
Hello all! I'm looking for any feedback or suggestions related to this new forum. Note that there is no need to suggest anything that I am already working on, but feel free to throw ideas out there so I can take a look.

First, some information: It has become apparent to me that with the switch of the forums, a few of you will need to re-upload your avatar. Do so through your website user profile, as he forums now automatically integrate your user profile avatar into your forum profile!

Already in progress:
  • Additional Nerf-themed emoticons, some animated, others not (such as weapon sprites)
  • Simplification of UI - I will be attempting to trim out a lot of the cluttering and redundant buttons. Already I have cut out many cluttering menus not needed for forum operations.
  • Further integration with your user profile - I will be fixing some issues related to how the forums pull information from your user profile. Specifically, there are some icons appearing in the forums that shouldn't be there.
  • Nerf related icons - Already the Nerf logo appears for the category list, and appears as a NerfEd logo when there is new posts in that category. I hope to do similar work for all the sticky, lock, and other icons throughout the forums.

Lastly, a few questions for anyone willing to answer.

Do you feel the karma system should be a part of the forums or not. While it is a useful system, turning it off could reduce the screen clutter.

Do you like having the online/offline status in the forums? Is it just taking up space?

Favorite-ing topics, do you like it? Will you use it?

Let me know your opinions!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #8 by Solid_Snake1998
yes, I have always used the favorite feature for all of my posts and I like it. as far as the offline-online status being there? eh, doesn't matter either way. and what does the karma system do anyway?

...© and ® , maybe ™?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #9 by Deep Freeze
1 - The karma system doesn't seem all that useful, if a user wants to like/dislike another, they should respond to their forum posts respectively. My vote is to turn it off.

2 - While the "Who's Online" can do this job as well, it's nice to have the online status without having to scroll back to the top, not to mention if this website gets popular, which the "Who's Online" won't handle as well.

3 - I'm not sure what favorite topics does right now, but if it makes a list that a user can select their favorite topics from conveniently.

Discovered the UT99 Assault maps...so THAT'S why there's a bunch of weird movers that don't do anything in some NAB levels. o.O

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #16 by Liquid_Snake1999

Carl wrote: 1 - The karma system doesn't seem all that useful, if a user wants to like/dislike another, they should respond to their forum posts respectively. My vote is to turn it off.

2 - While the "Who's Online" can do this job as well, it's nice to have the online status without having to scroll back to the top, not to mention if this website gets popular, which the "Who's Online" won't handle as well.

3 - I'm not sure what favorite topics does right now, but if it makes a list that a user can select their favorite topics from conveniently.

leave it to carl to complain about anything!

I'm a psychopath!! 999 Is my favorite number..... *Ominous music*

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #34 by Solid_Snake1998
Rajada®, is there a way you can add a chatroom to this site? like a live one? I have been thinking about it for some time.....

...© and ® , maybe ™?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #37 by Rajada

Solid_Snake1998 wrote: Rajada®, is there a way you can add a chatroom to this site? like a live one? I have been thinking about it for some time.....


Maybe, I'll look into it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #42 by Solid_Snake1998
cool. have you considered joining freeforums? it's free and has ALOT of options for free. and the tech support people are actually SUPER helpful.

...© and ® , maybe ™?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #45 by Rajada
FreeForums? For what purpose? We have this one now, and I'm liking how much I can change code-wise. Are they gonna let me hack in my own overrides? Is it going to seamlessly integrate with our user database? I think not.

As for a chatroom, I'll need to do some research as to which ones are the least obtrusive, but generally with free plugins, only a few are worth using. Give me some time and I'll check them out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #50 by Liquid_Snake1999
well actually I looked into what snakes telling you, and I have been hearing it's a coders paradise. almost all of the plugins or sites are completely custom made...

I'm a psychopath!! 999 Is my favorite number..... *Ominous music*

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #53 by Rajada
Still though, it's like building a game on Unreal engine and then asking why don't I use Quake engine? I already went through the trouble of custom building a Joomla site, as close to our original site as possible. I would not want to go through the trouble of doing that again on an unfamiliar web platform.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #56 by Solid_Snake1998

Rajada wrote: Still though, it's like building a game on Unreal engine and then asking why don't I use Quake engine?

thats true.

...© and ® , maybe ™?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #60 by Rajada
Just a quick note, the latest forum posts should now be appearing correctly in NAB's in-game news browser (another advantage of this forum over our old one).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #65 by Deep Freeze

Liquid_Snake1999 wrote:

Carl wrote: 1 - The karma system doesn't seem all that useful, if a user wants to like/dislike another, they should respond to their forum posts respectively. My vote is to turn it off.

2 - While the "Who's Online" can do this job as well, it's nice to have the online status without having to scroll back to the top, not to mention if this website gets popular, which the "Who's Online" won't handle as well.

3 - I'm not sure what favorite topics does right now, but if it makes a list that a user can select their favorite topics from conveniently.

leave it to carl to complain about anything!


Leave it to Liquid_Snake to complain about me!

I pretty much voted yes on 2 out of 3, and not to mention, you're the one who wanted Rajada to redo the entire site for the 4th time.

Discovered the UT99 Assault maps...so THAT'S why there's a bunch of weird movers that don't do anything in some NAB levels. o.O

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #68 by Rajada
So I turned off Karma for now, because there really isn't enough posters to keep you from getting random downvotes.

Additionally, I can't seem to find what the favorite button does, if anything. I'm digging through all the documentation, and there doesn't appear to be a list or a priority change or anything. If I can't find anything soon, I may disable that too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #77 by Solid_Snake1998
*sigh* please kill carl and liquid already rajada....... :whistle:

...© and ® , maybe ™?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: 8Bit_Architect
Powered by Kunena Forum

Latest Forum Posts

  • No posts to display.

Featured Download