Porting SpeedBlast maps to PointBlast?

More
7 years 5 months ago #381 by NerfPlayeR135
Some of the vanilla SpeedBlast arenas (Orbital, Sky and Luna come to mind) seem suitable for PointBlast conversions. Perhaps the developers of the game intended that to be the case at first but switched to more linear arenas in the middle of development.

Sadly, I have no experience with NerfEd or any external level editor, and I'm not planning to get into map creation anytime soon. So this is basically a request for Raj - is it possible to port the vanilla SpeedBlast maps to PointBlast?

Nerf is my name, ArenaBlast is my game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #382 by Rajada
It is possible, and not very hard. It really comes down to does it play well as a PM arena? Additionally, I wouldn't know what to title them. PM-AR-Sky sounds rather silly.

More
7 years 5 months ago #383 by NerfPlayeR135
I was thinking putting the word "Speed" before them, such as "PM-SpeedSky". Regarding suitable maps for conversion, Orbital, Sky, and Luna seem like good candidates; the rest are too linear in design.

Nerf is my name, ArenaBlast is my game.

More
7 years 5 months ago #384 by Rajada
So I was messing around with this, and found that if you spawn bots with PointBlast logic, they sort of play AR maps like PM ones. But in order for it to really play like PM, you need to revise lots of pathing and spread the playerstarts around. The playerstarts are obvious but the pathing gets a little complicated at times.

Moderators: 8Bit_Architect