Opening the Save and Load Game Menus

More
6 years 5 months ago #434 by NerfPlayeR135
In Advanced Options there is a setting that allows you to switch out the Nerf PDA Console with the Unreal-based "standard" console. The standard console allows you to save and load singleplayer games, but the PDA does not. Regardless, if you die in an Adventure Mode map (such as Infiltration and the ReadyRooms), the standard console will appear upon pressing left-click, allowing you to restart the map or load a save, whether it's an autosave, quicksave, or hard save.

The latter is the most important to me right now. I want to be able to perform hard saves, which requires opening the Save Game and Load Game menus, but I also want to keep the PDA console active. I'm pretty sure there are console commands that open these menus, but I can't seem to recall what they are. Can you tell me what the commands are, if they even exist?

Nerf is my name, ArenaBlast is my game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #435 by Rajada
Yes, there's a console command for the load menu. It is "showloadmenu". However, there is no command for the save menu. You can however use the hotkeys to quicksave and quickload (as taught to you in my training courses and Infiltration's tutorial.

Also, you can code up a triggered autosave or use the one I have in Training.u.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Rajada.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: 8Bit_Architect