v3.5 vs v3.6 confusing

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #704 by G-Man
Replied by G-Man on topic v3.5 vs v3.6 confusing
Many thanks for the current changelog and keep up the great work.

Ah ok, I understood your answer to mean that the CP Installer package does not always contain the latest version and that you then need an updater for minor updates (which could then only be downloaded from the Internet). But it's good to know that the current CP download contains the latest version.

We have a corresponding iso for the main game (along with the CP installer) on our file server in the LAN. But if the installer currently contains the latest CP completely, then we can just install it over the vanilla installation and then no longer need an updater or minor updates.

Does the installer you mentioned differ from the vanilla installation via Iso or does it offer an advantage over the Iso variant?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #705 by Rajada
Replied by Rajada on topic v3.5 vs v3.6 confusing
I guess the only real benefit of the vanilla installer here is that it is the vanilla installer in an exe format.

You'll still need to update if you want to keep on top of the latest fixes (especially to maps which is what I've been focusing on lately), but every couple of months or so I tend to update the CP with everything that has been updated in the meantime.

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #706 by G-Man
Replied by G-Man on topic v3.5 vs v3.6 confusing
Ok, then thank you again and I think that with the current CP Installer we should be well prepared for the next LAN party in May :)

Moderators: 8Bit_Architect