problem that's probably my fault

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #97 by Deep Freeze
"The module "comctl32.ocx"" may not be compatible with the version of Windows that you're running. Check if the module is compatible with an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of regsrv32.exe"

Apparently this problem comes from the fact that the computer I put NAB on is 64-bit. I tried typing "regsvr64", but that program didn't exist.

Do I get a 64-bit version of regsvr, or do I get 64-bit versions of the .ocx files?

Discovered the UT99 Assault maps...so THAT'S why there's a bunch of weird movers that don't do anything in some NAB levels. o.O
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Deep Freeze.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #98 by Rajada
My mistake, according to the Microsoft forums:

"To use 32-bit controls on a 64-bit version of Windows 7 they have to be installed and registered in: C:\Windows\SysWOW64"

So put them there, then do this in command prompt:

cd C:\Windows\SysWOW64

regsvr32 FILENAME.OCX

If that still doesn't work, run command prompt as an administrator and try again.

By the way, did you try running the CP's NerfEd fix first? I have 64 bit windows too and that worked fine for me. I ask mainly because if that didn't work I may need to change how the CP does it.

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #102 by Deep Freeze

Rajada wrote: By the way, did you try running the CP's NerfEd fix first?

I forgot to mention this: yes, I did try it, but whenever I start the download, the program closes for no apparent reason.

Discovered the UT99 Assault maps...so THAT'S why there's a bunch of weird movers that don't do anything in some NAB levels. o.O

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #103 by Deep Freeze
Ran into some trouble at first because I didn't open cmd.exe in administrator mode, but now NerfEd seems to be functional.

More
8 years 3 months ago #106 by Rajada
Cool, glad to hear it worked out!

Moderators: 8Bit_Architect