problem that's probably my fault

More
8 years 3 months ago #61 by spladder
I tried to start nerfED and it gave me this error "the program can't start because MSVBVM50.DLL is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." I think it's because I got NAB and nerfED as an abandonware download but I'm not sure.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #62 by Rajada
Okay, so you don't have the Community Pack at all. If you want to play online, have all the latest maps, get the updater, etc... you need the CP.

Link here.

The CP should also install the missing dll files for NerfEd. It is in no way your fault, the devs forgot to include them.

There is separate NerfEd dll file downloads, but I recommend just letting the CP handle installing them.

More
8 years 3 months ago #63 by spladder
sorry forgot to say I do have a fully up-date community packed version of NAB thanks for the help

More
8 years 3 months ago #64 by Rajada
Then you can re-run the CP installer, but just check the box for the NerfEd fix only. If that doesn't help, try manually installing the files via

NerfEd ocx files

More
8 years 3 months ago #81 by Deep Freeze
How do you use the .ocx files? I tried putting them in Nerf\System and it didn't work.

Discovered the UT99 Assault maps...so THAT'S why there's a bunch of weird movers that don't do anything in some NAB levels. o.O

More
8 years 3 months ago #82 by Rajada
You don't need them unless NerfEd isn't working. Is your NerfEd not working?

Moderators: 8Bit_Architect