"Windows.dll was not found"

More
1 year 9 months ago #652 by supermobix
I try launching the app after installing but it just says, "The code execution cannot proceed because Windows.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." 
Reinstalling does NOT fix the problem. I'm at a loss of what to do and it appears this particular problem hasn't been addressed here yet. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #653 by Rajada
Replied by Rajada on topic "Windows.dll was not found"
That is odd as Window.dll (I believe you meant Window, not Windows) is part of the default install files. You might try a different installer, or the installer might be having issues accessing the folder it's trying to install to. Check in the system folder of your Nerf directory. See if Window.dll is in there. If it's not, try copying it there from your CD (if you have one) or I can post a copy here. If it is present, it might be locked somehow. We can look into the problem further once you give me a little more info.

More
1 year 9 months ago #654 by supermobix
It wasn't there when I checked so I found System/Window.dll on the original Arena Blast and copied it to the system folder and now I don't get that problem. However, there is a new problem. When I try to launch the game it says:

Can't find file for package 'core'

History: UObject::SafeLoadError < - UObject::StaticLoadClass < - InitEngine

More
1 year 9 months ago #655 by Rajada
Well sounds like you're still missing files. Copy over Core.u and Core.int or any other Core named files to your system directory.

More
1 year 9 months ago #656 by supermobix
So I did that and it kept requiring me to add all these different files, and now I reached the point where it just says:

<?int?Engine.Errors.FailedBrowse?>

History: UGameEngine::Init < - InitEngine

Possibly some kind of file error? What can I do to get over this?

More
1 year 9 months ago #657 by Rajada
It really sounds like the installation didn't work at all and you're still missing critical dlls. Have you tried a different installer? Perhaps try our vanilla installer and re-install with it.

www.nerfarena.net/dload_game/x2543549849...x/NerfArenaBlast.exe

Moderators: 8Bit_Architect