Multiplayer Problem

More
5 years 5 months ago #619 by Deep Freeze
Frequently, when I create a LAN server, the player who joined cannot move, respawn, or (usually) fire the weapon. The problem seems to be always specific to the map, and happens on probably over one third of all the NAB maps, and mutators have no effect. I remember something similar to this happening a few times on public servers, what causes it?
EXAMPLES:
PM-][BraveHeartRemix][ -- OK
PM-CW8 -- OK

PM-CivilWarRemix -- bad
PM-BeachheadAssaultBETA -- bad

Discovered the UT99 Assault maps...so THAT'S why there's a bunch of weird movers that don't do anything in some NAB levels. o.O

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #620 by Rajada
Replied by Rajada on topic Multiplayer Problem
Okay, so remember, CP NAB has like 900 maps. I'm sure out of all the maps you're experiencing this in, you'll find that almost all of them have not received many updates if at all. I think the maps need to be rebuilt (IE geometry rebuilt via NerfEd). If you use the NAB map index document as a guide, and pick only the "perfect" maps I think you'll avoid this issue.

Actually, upon further inspection... those are old versions of the maps... are you sure your CP is up to date? Did you not remove any bad map files via the CP or Ini Patcher? You should have a version of that map just called PM-BeachheadAssault. The BETA is of course a beta and not complete.
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Rajada.

More
5 years 2 months ago #635 by Aldarith
Replied by Aldarith on topic Multiplayer Problem
I had this problem joining a public server today

Moderators: 8Bit_Architect