I want to get to know.... Rajada

More
8 years 1 month ago #154 by Solid_Snake1998
similarly to real lava am I right? what if it cooled and hardened though too? it would be a cool idea for maybe an alt. fire to turn the lava projections into solid mass?

...© and ® , maybe ™?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #155 by Deep Freeze

Rajada wrote: give it decent liquid physics to spray the lava.

Then what is that supposed to mean? Does it create a polygon of liquid lava that molds itself to the surrounding level geometry, gradually expanding and lowering? Does it create an expanding splash effect around the hit, causing a ring of lava? Is it hundreds of tiny projectiles that fill spaces and run down sloped surfaces? Does it scatter droplets of lava that can flow together to make larger ones? Does the ball of lava split into drops on hit?

Discovered the UT99 Assault maps...so THAT'S why there's a bunch of weird movers that don't do anything in some NAB levels. o.O
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Deep Freeze.

More
8 years 1 month ago #156 by Rajada
Well I wouldn't know, I haven't made it yet, and I often make design choices sporadically based on how the iterations feel as I make them.

More
8 years 1 month ago #157 by Deep Freeze
Then don't assume it will be so complicated if you don't know how it will be made yet.

Discovered the UT99 Assault maps...so THAT'S why there's a bunch of weird movers that don't do anything in some NAB levels. o.O

More
8 years 1 month ago #158 by Rajada
I don't think you understand, I'm setting out to make it complex in the way it behaves and interacts with other things. Just because I don't have a word for word plan, doesn't mean I have a bad idea of the kind of complexity involved. You should really just trust me on things like that, I've made hundreds of these things before. I know what the underlying complexity is like and how to estimate it.

More
8 years 1 month ago #159 by Solid_Snake1998

Deep Freeze wrote: Then don't assume it will be so complicated if you don't know how it will be made yet.

he didn't assume anything, deep freezer....

...© and ® , maybe ™?

Moderators: 8Bit_Architect