I'm not so SMRT.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #272 by ThinkPractical
Hello Anyone - Downloaded initial content from abandoned games. Downloaded full CP and updated from here. Can't seem to connect online - Do I need to search for servers manually? Everything about the game seems to work except connecting to the MP server. I am not super tech savvy so if anyone feels generous I'd appreciate the troubleshooting help; can't wait to reconnect with this amazing game. :lockon:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #273 by Rajada
Replied by Rajada on topic I'm not so SMRT.
As it stands there may be no one playing multiplayer. NAB does not have any 24/7 servers at the moment, and I'm not sure when that will change.

If you have the CP, your multiplayer is likely functioning correctly. The error "Timed out talking to master server" is unfortunately used both when you have an invalid master, and when you have no servers on a valid master.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #274 by Solid_Snake1998
Replied by Solid_Snake1998 on topic I'm not so SMRT.
Hello TP, i do have plans for a always on server in the future, but at the moment i cannot due to inaccesibility to computer use (Parents.... -_-) and my writing of an Infiltration 2 story plan, a pt. 2 to 306, a rajadas tower backstory, and carl & the clown 2 along with other yet to be announced planned projects.... Only time will tell when things will change....

Believe it or not i'm like the Hideo Kojima of NAB, while rajada is sony.....

...© and ® , maybe ™?
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by Solid_Snake1998.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #281 by ThinkPractical
Replied by ThinkPractical on topic I'm not so SMRT.
Thanks for the help guys! I've still enjoyed going back through all the arena's and making the Ted Twister name known. I will ask, since I was trying fairly regularly throughout the day, if there is a test I can run to ensure no servers were on vs an actual problem? :sshot:

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #282 by Liquid_Snake1999
Replied by Liquid_Snake1999 on topic I'm not so SMRT.
LIQUID SNAKE SALUTES YOU THINKPRACTICAL!!!

I'm a psychopath!! 999 Is my favorite number..... *Ominous music*

More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #283 by Rajada
Replied by Rajada on topic I'm not so SMRT.

ThinkPractical wrote: I will ask, since I was trying fairly regularly throughout the day, if there is a test I can run to ensure no servers were on vs an actual problem?

Actually, now that you mention it, it is possible the master server got moved out from under my nose... so you can download and run this updated patcher , or if you want to fix this manually (since it's just a quick text edit), do this:

Open your directory where you installed NAB (usually Program Files/Atari/Nerf). Inside, open the System folder. Then find a file called Nerf.ini. If you can't see file extensions, it looks like a notepad usually. Open it with some text editor and search for the term "ServerActors" without the quotes. Find a line that reads: "ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerQuery". Create a blank line right below it and paste in (without the quotes):

"ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.oldunreal.com MasterServerPort=27900"

It doesn't matter if there are other UdpServerUplink lines below. These area all alternative servers the game uses. Save the file, close it. This should be all the masters you need to know you have at least one working connection.

Honestly, all one can do is have someone set up a server. There's a bit to it, including needing to unblock some ports on your router, so while you could set up your own dedicated server to test it, you have to be sure you set it up right. You can read up on it here:

www.nerfarena.net/index.php/help/11-nerf...do-i-set-up-a-server

I can set up a server, but during the week I don't have the luxury of being home to make sure it stays up all day, so you'll need to check every now and then.

Additionally, the server would appear here:

master.oldunreal.com/
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by Rajada.

Moderators: 8Bit_Architect