Rajada - 02/25/2018 - 00:52

In Vista I had to do it all the time. In 7 not as much, but it can still sometimes wack out the ini save location.

Alyx - 02/25/2018 - 00:50

Never had a problem where I had to do that but that might do the trick.

Alyx - 02/25/2018 - 00:49

Oh yeah there's that method too.

Rajada - 02/25/2018 - 00:47

That sometimes is the issue with locked files and folders

Rajada - 02/25/2018 - 00:47

Alyx - 02/25/2018 - 00:44

Yeah that's exactly why I was saying it. Lol that's when computers were simpler. (but less secure)

NerfPlayeR135 - 02/25/2018 - 00:33

Old applications created during the Windows 95/98 era, when there was no distinction between admins and normal users, often require admin permission today to run.

Alyx - 02/24/2018 - 23:57

I had to do this on my Windows 10 PC when I tried to run Deus Ex and this did the trick.

Alyx - 02/24/2018 - 23:55

Sorry if this is completely wrong Rajada, but try opening Properties where you installed it and uncheck read only and run the desktop shortcut as admin.

Rajada - 02/24/2018 - 20:45

It sounds like you just need to re-install the beta somewhere else on your computer. It clearly isn't letting you install it where you have it now.

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

Who's Online

News

New CP Ini Patcher

There is a new version of the Ini Patching utility available on the website. This version allows you to fix the recently discovered multiplayer connection issues without needing to know how to do the file editing yourself!

Please note that I am still working on a newer version of the Community Pack. Due to some ongoing complaints, I have made it a goal of mine that the next release of the Community Pack include an option to install only the core vanilla files required to patch the game to CP standards without any additional maps, mods, or other resources. This process will take some time.

Get it here.

You have no rights to post comments