Rajada - 02/08/2020 - 01:16

Basically, the progressive march of updates to HTML slowly killed it, made it incompatible to run. We technically still have it archived, but it's not really possible to browse it.

rion888888888888 - 02/08/2020 - 00:55

So what happened to the old site?

rion888888888888 - 02/08/2020 - 00:48

Oh NAB, I don't think I have been active in the NAB community since like 2008

Rajada - 02/07/2020 - 22:51

Indeed it does

RTSplayer - 02/07/2020 - 18:03

Oh hey this website still exists.

Deep Freeze - 10/31/2019 - 19:57

20 years of NAB!

Ben - 09/02/2019 - 19:07

Ok, thanks.

Rajada - 09/02/2019 - 19:07

I recommend the first option, as it patches multiplayer and everything.

Rajada - 09/02/2019 - 19:06

Either install the Community Pack, light or full, or do it manually with the NerfEd OCX library files.

Rajada - 09/02/2019 - 19:06

Go to downloads, and in our Community Packs and Utilities category is what you will need.

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

problem that's probably my fault

More
4 years 2 months ago #61 by spladder
I tried to start nerfED and it gave me this error "the program can't start because MSVBVM50.DLL is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." I think it's because I got NAB and nerfED as an abandonware download but I'm not sure.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #62 by Rajada
Okay, so you don't have the Community Pack at all. If you want to play online, have all the latest maps, get the updater, etc... you need the CP.

Link here.

The CP should also install the missing dll files for NerfEd. It is in no way your fault, the devs forgot to include them.

There is separate NerfEd dll file downloads, but I recommend just letting the CP handle installing them.

More
4 years 2 months ago #63 by spladder
sorry forgot to say I do have a fully up-date community packed version of NAB thanks for the help

More
4 years 2 months ago #64 by Rajada
Then you can re-run the CP installer, but just check the box for the NerfEd fix only. If that doesn't help, try manually installing the files via

NerfEd ocx files

More
4 years 2 months ago #81 by Deep Freeze
How do you use the .ocx files? I tried putting them in Nerf\System and it didn't work.

Discovered the UT99 Assault maps...so THAT'S why there's a bunch of weird movers that don't do anything in some NAB levels. o.O

More
4 years 2 months ago #82 by Rajada
You don't need them unless NerfEd isn't working. Is your NerfEd not working?

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #84 by Deep Freeze
Or else I would not have asked.

I reinstalled NAB yesterday from USB drive, and get the same error spladder gets.

Discovered the UT99 Assault maps...so THAT'S why there's a bunch of weird movers that don't do anything in some NAB levels. o.O

More
4 years 2 months ago #86 by Rajada
Ah, you know what, the error was different from what I thought... this is another problem entirely. The NerfEd fix probably was applied, but newer Vista, 7, 10 etc... installs of Windows don't come with this dll file anymore.

I have uploaded the file here . To install it, put it in the directory:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64

Just drop it in there, not into any folder inside there, but just in SysWOW64. If this directory does not exist for you, let me know as it may differ for 32 bit installations.

More
4 years 2 months ago #91 by Deep Freeze
It didn't work. Now I get this error message:

"Component 'THREED32.OCX' not correctly registered: file is missing or invalid"

I assume this is the part where I use the .ocx files, where do I put them.

More
4 years 2 months ago #93 by Rajada
Let's be clear, it did work, but you had two problems. That error can be fixed with the NerfEd fix in the CP. If that doesn't help, try the manual ocx files, but you have to register them.

Open the Command Prompt. Type:

Regsvr32 FILENAME.OCX

for all the files needed.

More
4 years 2 months ago #95 by Deep Freeze
And you still failed to tell me where to put the .ocx files, so I'll assume it's either Nerf/System or SysWOW64.

More
4 years 2 months ago #96 by Rajada
You don't need the ocx files in anywhere in particular. You just need to know where they are. However, the command assumes that it will find them by default in Windows/System32 directory. If you have to put them somewhere else, make sure you add the full directory before the filename of each ocx file.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #97 by Deep Freeze
"The module "comctl32.ocx"" may not be compatible with the version of Windows that you're running. Check if the module is compatible with an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of regsrv32.exe"

Apparently this problem comes from the fact that the computer I put NAB on is 64-bit. I tried typing "regsvr64", but that program didn't exist.

Do I get a 64-bit version of regsvr, or do I get 64-bit versions of the .ocx files?

More
4 years 2 months ago #98 by Rajada
My mistake, according to the Microsoft forums:

"To use 32-bit controls on a 64-bit version of Windows 7 they have to be installed and registered in: C:\Windows\SysWOW64"

So put them there, then do this in command prompt:

cd C:\Windows\SysWOW64

regsvr32 FILENAME.OCX

If that still doesn't work, run command prompt as an administrator and try again.

By the way, did you try running the CP's NerfEd fix first? I have 64 bit windows too and that worked fine for me. I ask mainly because if that didn't work I may need to change how the CP does it.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #102 by Deep Freeze

Rajada wrote: By the way, did you try running the CP's NerfEd fix first?

I forgot to mention this: yes, I did try it, but whenever I start the download, the program closes for no apparent reason.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #103 by Deep Freeze
Ran into some trouble at first because I didn't open cmd.exe in administrator mode, but now NerfEd seems to be functional.

More
4 years 2 months ago #106 by Rajada
Cool, glad to hear it worked out!

Moderators: 8Bit_Architect